Friday, August 5, 2011

HEAT in Edsa Shangri-la: Hot and Cold


I love going to buffets, especially if it's for free! Luckily, my best friend won 2 Heat GCs worth Php1,500 each and chose me to tag along with him! :)


We arrived exactly 12nn, but there weren't much people yet at that time. It was actually my first time to eat here and I found the setup fairly easy to navigate through.


Different cuisines were set beside each other so diners don't need to walk too far to get to another type of dish.


Now, on to the good parts! One of servers there kept on suggesting that we try out the Filipino dishes done by Chef Myrna. The dishes were just there for a limited amount of time, so I ended up trying them all!


We got lechon kawali, aligue rice, lumpiang shanghai and adobong manok. Unfortunately, I didn't feel anything special about the food. Nothing stood out.


Now to my Western meat plate! (Sorry, the arrangement's a bit weird) I had ribs, roast chicken, lamb creole, baked potato and baked macaroni. I honestly thought I would go back for a second serving, but I didn't. The meat dishes, all in all, tasted bland and mediocre.


The more organized plate belongs to my best friend. He got roast duck rolls, asohos tempura, shrimp tempura and eggplant kakiage. The roast duck rolls tasted quite bland at first but improved when we put the sauce. Again, nothing special with the rest.


Sadly, the seafood chowder had to be the worst we've tasted amongst all the dishes we tried. We were expecting it to be really creamy and tasty, but it lacked both. It tasted bland, lacked seafood, and sort of felt like water to taste. We ended up not finishing it.


Chinese - one of my favorite cuisines! As expected, buffets are probably not the best places to try out quality Chinese food. However, I have to say that this plate wasn't so bad. Dimsum, fish and Hainanese chicken were okay, save for the pork which was not tender at all.


Our Japanese plate had to be the highlight of this experience. The temaki sushi was yummy! It was my first time to try one and it was really good! If I haven't been so full at that time, I would have probably gone back to get more servings of this. I was also told that this wasn't normally displayed there that's why you really have to request for one. So to those who haven't tried one yet, don't forget to request!


No matter how full you are, there will always be room for dessert. It took us almost an hour to finish everything we got: cheesecake, chocolate cake, mango and blueberry crepe, a bit of fruits, teppanyaki ice cream and green tea ice cream.




My first Heat experience was a bit disappointing to be honest. If we didn't have a GC and needed to pay P1,500, I would have expected the food to be so much more in terms of selection and quality. I hope they'd improve it though so we'll be more excited to come back next time.


Still, thanks so much Lloyd! :)

Heat, Edsa Shangri-la
(02) 633-8888 loc 2740 or 2741

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...