Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mann Hann Kafei Mezza

Ever since Mann Hann Kafei opened a branch in the Mezza condo building right across SM Centerpoint, I've been going there at least once every month since it's just 5 minutes away from our house by car. Honestly, before it opened, this restaurant has lost its share of space inside my mind. I can't even remember when and where I last ate here (and I sometimes even confuse it with Mongkok). Thanks to Mezza and this "scaled" down Kafei version of Mann Hann, they have gained one loyal customer! Woot woot!



During my most recent visit yesterday with my sister, I found out that they're already serving free tofu/egg/asparagus soup before every meal. For a free soup, it's actually very filling and I commend them for making the effort to actually serve decent soup, not just the free plain soup you get everyday. And it keeps your mind away from the time it takes for them to cook your order. :p



So far, this has become my 1st favorite (I have 2 favorites actually) - Spicy Spareribs with Rice (Php135)! It's a bit oily, but once you get to taste and dip it in the vinegar, it's yummy and not too fatty (since it's somehow offset by the vinegar). And it comes with a ton of rice!



Now, my 2nd favorite (previously my 1st but got demoted to 2nd place when I tasted the Spicy Spareribs) - Beef Stew with Rice! I'm in love with beef in general that's why this is part of my list. And I love that it comes with edible vegetables (with edible, I mean that when you eat it, the vegetable taste is not too overpowering) and a ton of rice for only Php150! In my opinion, if you're in the mood for spice and fried food to lighten your day, go for my first pick! The Beef Stew is a bit "relaxed and home-cooked" in taste and perfect if you're not really looking for something to really perk up your taste buds.



The best way to end a meal - dessert! So far, I've tried their Chilled Taho and Red Bean Taho. I guarantee you that you'll have a renewed love for taho once you taste theirs. First of all, I prefer taho chilled and sweet, and if you're not into either of those.. you should still try this out! Hahaha! My sister and I love it! Your Php50 is gonna be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...