Monday, January 4, 2010

Maki Place by Manosa

My family loves Chinese food, especially my dad. He has always liked Manosa. I, however, never did because I felt that the restaurant needed more than a facelift. Last Sunday, he suggested having lunch there. I wasn't excited about it at all, but he said that this was a new place and we ought to try it. Oh well, no choice.



I was actually surprised when I saw the restaurant - Maki Place by Manosa. It's not THE Manosa in my mind (maybe because it's just a "by" and not really "the").



It was a casual Chinese dining place with a modern setting. The oriental red and yellow theme coupled with modern design gave the place a new feel.



As the name suggests, their specialty was Maki [Php115]. It didn't disappoint at all. The meat was good as it was soft, tasty, and sweet.







The kikiam, siomai [Php45/2pcs] and chami [Php205] were all good, and were reasonably priced.



The kiampong, however, was merely so-so [Php40]. Other Chinese restaurants in the metro could have offered better.



Last but not the least was the Beef Brisket Noodles [Php115] I ordered. Even though the appearance lacked appeal, the taste was definitely above par. Among all the dishes ordered, this was the most special tasting. The noodle soup was very flavorful and rich, definitely a must-try even though it took around 30 minutes or so to prepare.

If you're looking for simple Chinese dining at an affordable price, then you definitely should make Maki Place a part of that list.

☆☆☆☆ (4/5)

Maki Place by Manosa
GF Sekai Center Ortigas Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...