Monday, January 4, 2010

Eat Well Delicious Kitchen Soft Opening in Manila



Our Amici dinner plans immediately turned into Eat Well Delicious Kitchen once we saw this name flashing right above Pancake House in Greenhills. Because of my friend's suggestion, I tried this restaurant famous for its yummy porkchop topped over vegetable rice when I went to Hong Kong last 2009 and it didn't disappoint at all.



My cousin, having an innate love of Chinese food, felt glorious upon going in. Today was actually their soft opening, and it was lucky of us to have seen the restaurant sign!



My cousin was starved, so he ordered 4 dishes just for the 2 of us! Spinach soup, Deep-fried Pork Chop with Vegetable Rice, Steamed Pork and Shrimp Siomai, and Steamed Fish.



The Spinach Soup was good, though the serving was really small, just good for 1-2. I'm usually used to having this soup in big servings good for around 6.



The Deep-Fried Pork Chop wasn't something special [Php188], it wasn't something I'll miss having. The serving was good for 2-3, that's why we didn't manage to finish it. :o



The dimsum was your typical Chinese restaurant siomai, but a bit pricey for the size and taste [Php105/4pcs].



The Steamed Fish, I would say, wasn't that good at all. The fish was not sweet to taste, and it would have been better if the slices were cut a bit smaller.



The restaurant aesthetics were modern Chinese, tinged with maroons and browns. The place was wide, and everyone had ample space to eat.



I also loved the modern oriental touch of the lights. :)



The service was good, everyone was attentive to the customers, who happened to keep coming in! In general, food could have used some improvement, but for a soft opening, I would say Delicious Kitchen was a hit.

Eat Well Delicious Kitchen
Missouri St. corner Connecticut St.
Greenhills, San Juan
(02) 722-8518

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...